2009 was a wonderful year for the Android mobile operating system. We saw many good looking devices hit the market and hit them hard. With tech sites finally understanding what Android was made of, the little endeavor by Google made a splash with 1.5 and above. Softpedia – a software download and news site – decided to take the first shots at naming their top 5 Android phone of 2009, and this is what they came up with:
- Motorola Droid – “The DROID sports a great feel and also has the looks, even if some say it is a little too ‘DROID-ish.’”
- HTC Hero – “The Hero arrived on the shelves with the already known HTC Android chin, yet it lost that feature on its way to the US market, where it already landed on Sprint and Verizon.”
- Samsung Galaxy I7500 – “For what it’s worth, Galaxy is one of the nicest devices running under Android, and might remain this way for a long time from now on.”
- “HTC Phones” (Magic and Tattoo) – “Next on the list, there are two HTC phones, both of which easily earn a place in the top, namely the HTC Magic and Tattoo”
- Sony-Ericsson Xperia X10 – “Xperia X10 might be seen as falling behind already available phones like the Acer Liquid or others, yet it looks as appealing as any handset can be, so we’ll include it here.”
Do you agree with Softpedia or do you think you could pick a better set of phones? Let us know in the comments section below.