Twitter junkies now have yet another way to get their fix with the announcement that HootSuite, dubbed the “The Professional Twitter client,” is now available from the Android Market. Said to be built with the Android environment in mind, HootSuite takes advantage of the open web nature of the Android platform.
Android owners can now take advantage many of the features (plus a few Android exclusives) that iPhone users have been enjoying with HootSuite on their devices including:
- Managing multiple identities and accounts
- Creating custom views for tags and searches
- Understanding reasons for trending topics
- Scheduling messages for the future
- Adding followers to lists and accounts
- Sharing photos and shortening URLs
In addition, the Android version of HootSuite adds background notifications so that you will not miss those important (and not so important) tweets.
HootSuite comes in two versions: the full blown paid edition and the “I spent all my scratch on my Android phone” (free) edition. Both are available in the Android Market. Check out the video promo below: