You can now find press releases alongside each device, and a tad more info as well.
Just earlier today, Motorola announced the BRAVO, FLIPOUT, and FLIPSIDE all coming to AT&T very soon. But why should they stop there? How about the DROID Pro and Motorola Citrus? Let’s start with the one that looks the most familiar:
This device has gone by many a name in the last couple weeks, most recently, the Motorola Ciena. Don’t expect over the top performance from the Citrus, as it comes in with BLUR-ified 2.1 and a 3″ touchscreen. Do, however, expect a low price point off contract and on.
Expect a release sometime in Q4. The Citrus will come equipped with a BackTrack nav panel. The Citrus is now also boasting that it’s “made from 25 percent post-consumer recycled plastic, is certified CarbonFree® through an alliance with Carbonfund.org, and is PVC and BFR free. The packaging is made from 80 percent post-consumer recycled paper, and the user manual is made using 100 percent recycled paper and soy-based ink. ”
VERIZON WIRELESS AND MOTOROLA UNVEIL MOTOROLA CITRUS
Designed Specifically for New Smartphone Users, this Full Touch, Android-Powered Smartphone Comes Compact and Fully Loaded
SAN FRANCISCO – From CTIA Enterprise & Applications™ 2010, Verizon Wireless, the company with the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless 3G network, and Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today unveiled Motorola CITRUS™. Powered by Android™ 2.1, Motorola CITRUS delivers an affordable, entry-level, customizable smartphone experience in a compact design that is easy on both the eyes and the earth.
Key features and specifications:
· Curved design
· Easy-to-use, on-screen QWERTY keyboard (available in landscape and portrait modes) for quick messaging
· Full HTML Web browser – Preloaded with Bing Search and Bing Maps and delivers a PC-like Web browsing experience with quick access to Web apps and services such as Facebook®; Google services such as Gmail™, Google Talk™ and YouTube™
· Equipped with BACKTRACK™, a touch panel located on the back of the device that enables users to navigate and scroll through websites, home screens, e-mails, music and more without obstructing the display
· Full capacitive touch screen display delivers fluid flick, swipe and pinch-to-zoom navigation
· Seven home screen panels that can be tailored with an array of available shortcuts; applications; and pre-loaded widgets such as sticky notes, weather, messages and calendar
· Android Market™ – Choose from thousands of downloadable apps, many of which are free
· CITRUS has a housing made from 25 percent post-consumer recycled plastic, is certified CarbonFree® through an alliance with Carbonfund.org, and is PVC and BFR free. The packaging is made from 80 percent post-consumer recycled paper, and the user manual is made using 100 percent recycled paper and soy-based ink.
Pricing and availability:
· Motorola CITRUS will be available at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in Q4 2010.
This, is the kind of device dreams are made of. So over the top, you can’t help but
want need to try it on for size. Graced with a blatant rip off of a front facing QWERTY, Global roaming capabilities, and a 3.1″ touch display, inside you’ll find a 1GHz processor, 5MP camera with flash, and Android 2.2 with Adobe Flash. Not only that, but there’s also “Exchange security features, complex password support, and device management options.” How’s that for Pro. As far as a release date goes, you can expect to see the DROID Pro hit shelves sometime near the first week of November. Oh and it’s OK, I’ll say it, you can have your cake and eat it too.
To add some updated specs, we can now count WiFi enabled DLNA, 2GB internal memory, and filterable widgets for work and play.
DROID DOES BUSINESS: DROID PRO BY MOTOROLA DESIGNED FOR WORK AND PLAY ON THE NATION’S LARGEST AND MOST RELIABLE 3G NETWORK
Global Android Smartphone from Verizon Wireless Combines Rich Business and Personal Mobile Experiences
SAN FRANCISCO – From CTIA Enterprise & Applications™ 2010, Verizon Wireless, the company with the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless 3G network, and Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today unveiled DROID PRO, a new, powerful, stronger and faster solution designed to meet both business and personal needs. The first Android™-based smartphone optimized for business use, DROID PRO is also a global-ready Android smartphone from Verizon Wireless, allowing customers to enjoy wireless voice service in more than 220 countries and data coverage in more than 200 countries.
DROID PRO meets employers’ and employees’ needs by addressing the productivity tools businesses require, including corporate connectivity and security; full push corporate e-mail with corporate level security; unified calendar with additional work features; pre-loaded Quickoffice Mobile Suite, a powerful 1 GHz processor; 4 GB of memory (2 GB internal; and 2 GB removable) and a QWERTY keyboard designed for speed and convenience.
“DROID PRO combines the feature-packed, high-level user experience that customers look for in an Android smartphone plus the security that enterprises require, all with the reliability of Verizon Wireless’ 3G network,” said Mike Lanman, president – Enterprise and Government Markets for Verizon Wireless. “DROID PRO builds on our commitment to deliver the best Android experience to the marketplace as well as to our enterprise customers.”
“The DROID PRO is an advanced business-ready solution that provides users with the full smartphone experience, redefined by delivering the power of a DROID,” said Sanjay Jha, chief executive officer of Motorola Mobility. “The DROID PRO consolidates users’ work and personal needs. This is just another reason the DROID PRO is setting a new standard for enterprise, allowing users to enjoy all the benefits of a smartphone with full push delivery of corporate e-mail and corporate level security.”
Key features and specifications:
· Support for both Exchange e-mail and Gmail™ for business
· Corporate directory look-up, unified calendar for Enterprise and sync with Google Calendar™
· PC-like browsing with Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 on a full, multi-touch, 3.1-inch brilliant display built on Android 2.2
· View, edit and share documents, including Microsoft Excel® spreadsheets, PowerPoint® presentations and Word® documents
· Built-in security features, including AuthenTec IPSec multi-headed VPN integration, remote wipe of device and SD card, and complex password support. Device and SD card encryption will be available in early 2011
· 3G Mobile HotSpot capabilities – Allows customers to connect up to five other Wi-Fi®-enabled devices and laptops
· Live widgets that stream e-mail messages to the home screen; customers can filter the widgets to separate work and home e-mail
· 5-megapixel camera with auto focus and dual LED flash as well as DVD-quality video
· 3G diversity antennae provides customers with enhanced data speeds and range
· Wi-Fi®-enabled DNLA® connectivity
· Android Market™ – Provides customers with access to more than 80,000 applications
· My Verizon and Backup AssistantSM support – Allows customers to manage their wireless accounts or their contacts from their phones
Pricing and availability:
· DROID PRO will be available at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the coming weeks. Pricing will be announced closer to launch.
eless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the coming weeks. Pricing will be announced closer to launch.
Look for updates on the DROID Pro and Citrus to come. In the meantime, check out Engadget’s hands on pictures with the DP here.