Coming out of the Associated Press today is a story of a man, and how his HTC device saved his life. John Garber, a valet attendant for club Halo in Atlanta, GA, claims that after two men were kicked out of the club in which he worked, they began firing handguns in his general direction. One bullet struck him in the chest where the battery on his unnamed HTC device (probably a DROID Incredible or HTC EVO 4G) stopped the bullet from entering his body.
Clearly this isn’t what would typically happen when firing a gun at any cell phone, but at least for now HTC can honestly say that their phones save lives.
Via Business Insider