Thanks to the Sprint forums, owners of the Samsung Epic 4G have some reason to rejoice today. While other phones on the market have already received their update to Android 2.3, the Epic 4G has yet to get it. But that wait is finally over. It has been revealed that the update to Android 2.3 is now being pushed out to handsets starting today.
The update is build number EI22 (S:D700.0.5S.EI22), and it has plenty of improvements, as well as the regular goodies associated with the update to Gingerbread. Here’s what you’re looking at:
- Audible Sprint AIRAVE notifications when answering call
- Upgrade of the Google OS from Froyo to Gingerbread
- SMS messages sent without area code
- PRL and profile update
- Bluetooth headset sound improvements
- Fully visible date on device lock screen
- EAS (Exchange Activesync) email displaying HTML
As usual, Sprint is releasing the Gingerbread update in stages, but says that all Epic 4G owners should be upgraded by November 10th. Let us know in the comments below how the update goes for you, and how your phone works after you update.