Flash, our favorite internet media format slated for obsolescence received an updated today that brings full support for Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). There was a bit of grumbling when Adobe decided that the format was going to be discontinued for the company to pursue development into HTML 5. Luckily, just over a month ago, they announced that Android 4.0 would be the last version of the mobile platform that would be supported.
Not much else is listed in the update but there are some known issues that they have posted:
- Seeking while video is paused doesn’t update the pictured frame on ICS devices
- StageVideo using On3 and Sorenson does not work on ICS devices
- PHDS content stops playing for about 10 seconds
- OS does not prioritize incoming calls (audio remains playing before and after call is received)
- Enter key does not work on multi-line text input field