Google is on an updating spree today. We first heard of an update to Google+, but was then greeted by Maps and Goggles updates too. Google+ is the major update out of the three. Google has changed the icon to match the red favicon from the web version, added high-res image support, and +1 for comments. Full rundown below:
- +1 photos
- +1 comments
- High resolution photo upload support
- See if someone’s online and currently typing in Messenger conversations
- Start Messenger conversations by just entering a phone number
- Links to posts or profiles can now open inside of the app
- Instant Upload supports videos again
- Several stability improvements and bug fixes
Maps and Goggles updates are considerably less exciting. Maps has been updated to 6.0.1 which includes big fixes for newer devices. Google Goggles has been updated to 1.7 and adds some very cool features . You can now scan something like a newspaper article and Goggles will give you a link to it’s online version. Full feature list below:
- Continuous Mode allows you to use Goggles without pressing the shutter button
- Goggles can recognize text in a document and return a link to its online version. Try it on your favorite newspaper!
- You can help Goggles recognize more objects. Tap on ‘Do you have a better suggestion’ in the Goggles results page.
- Google Goggles will now show user submitted results in the search results page.