Contests are great, but contests are even better when they don’t have just one prize, but also throw in a free gift and some extra cash. And let’s face it, with the biggest holiday for gifts coming right around the corner an extra $1,000 wouldn’t be a bad thing at all. That’s where T-Mobile USA comes in, as they’ve just kicked off the brand new #FindtheElf holiday contest, and it includes not only $1,000, but also the chance to win a Samsung Galaxy S II.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Follow @tmobile on Twitter
- Decipher the clues tweeted on that account from the Elf
- Go to the correct T-Mobile store
- Find the Elf
- Tweet that you’ve found that particular Elf by including the hashtag #findtheelf — make sure it’s a public tweet and not a Direct Message, or it won’t count
- Hope that you win
It seems simple enough, but T-Mobile isn’t necessarily making this a national contest. You’ll need to be in the following cities on the exact dates to have a shot at winning:
- New York, New York on December 7th, 2011
- Los Angeles, California on December 14, 2011
- Atlanta, Georgia on December 16th, 2011
So, while not the biggest contest out there, at least three lucky cities are getting some Elf-loving attention. T-Mobile will tweet only one clue on those particular days, so if you happen to be in one of those cities on that particular day, keep your eyes sharp and stay ready. Head through the T-Mobile source link below to check out the full rules list for the contest.