Ice Cream Sandwich this isn’t, but we’re never one to complain about bug fix updates that take care of a lot of lingering issues DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX owners are having. This dual RAZR update appears ready to roll now that Motorola and Verizon have apparently given the sign-off to send out en masse. Verizon’s support page indicates this update takes your phone to software version 6.12.181 and while we’ll say again that we were hoping more than anything this would include Ice Cream Sandwich, this is a pretty full list of improvements, additions and enhancements. The change log is the same for both devices so check out the details below:
- Improved device stability.
- Optimized device performance to extend battery life.
- Added easy access to preloaded VZW bookmarks through quick key access.
- Corrected loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth.®
- Enhanced device security preventing unauthorized access of telephony database by third parties.
- Device is now updated with IPv6. – As new Internet addresses are introduced, you will be able to continue to browse and view web pages with this latest Internet enhancement.
- 4G coverage indicator accurately displays data connectivity.
- Improved Wi-Fi hotspot connectivity when utilizing WPS security.
Email, Messaging & Data:
- Improved text message delivery.
Applications & Widgets:
- Improved Visual Voice Mail performance with data disabled and visual voicemail notification delivery.
- Enhanced security in Verizon Apps.
- Included a new MotoCast widget to enable easier access and discoverability of MotoCast services.
- Modified the storage settings screen to make it easier to understand total storage versus available storage.
- Implemented a number of MotoCast performance improvements.