We knew Verizon had planned a OTA update for the DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX late last week, now it seems those plans are coming to fruition as the update begins to rollout. If you haven’t received the update yet, try checking in your phones settings to manually pull the update — or power off, power on and check to see if you receive a prompt to update. This isn’t exactly Ice Cream Sandwich, but software update 6.12.181 brings with a host of enhancements and bug fixes:
- Improved device stability.
- Optimized device performance to extend battery life.
- Added easy access to preloaded VZW bookmarks through quick key access.
- Corrected loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth.®
- Enhanced device security preventing unauthorized access of telephony database by third parties.
- Device is now updated with IPv6. – As new Internet addresses are introduced, you will be able to continue to browse and view web pages with this latest Internet enhancement.
- 4G coverage indicator accurately displays data connectivity.
- Improved Wi-Fi hotspot connectivity when utilizing WPS security.
Email, Messaging & Data:
- Improved text message delivery.
Applications & Widgets:
- Improved Visual Voice Mail performance with data disabled and visual voicemail notification delivery.
- Enhanced security in Verizon Apps.
- Included a new MotoCast widget to enable easier access and discoverability of MotoCast services.
- Modified the storage settings screen to make it easier to understand total storage versus available storage.
- Implemented a number of MotoCast performance improvements.