Twitter clients are a dime-a-dozen in the Google Play store, offering different versions to suit different users. The official Twitter app is undoubtably the most popular among all these, if only for the fact that many Android devices come with it pre-loaded. As everyone should know, nothing is perfect, and the Twitter for Android app is no exception. The Twitter team fully understands this, and is now rolling out an update to the phone. Included fixes and changes are as follows:
- Updated design and improved relevance of Discover stories
- Activity in Discover tab shows who your connections follow, updates to their lists, and which Tweets they retweet and favorite
- Spelling suggestions and related searches in search results
- Username autocomplete in search
- New push notifications for when your Tweets have been retweeted, favorited, or when you have new followers
- New languages: Traditional Chinese, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Polish, Hungarian, Thai
Not you typical bug-fixing update, right? Good to see continuous support of the app, and it at least feels like Twitter is listening to users. You can grab the update here, and be sure to come let us know what you think of the improvements in the comments below.