Apex Launcher, the best launcher for ICS (in my opinion), has been updated to 1.2. Apex is based on the stock ICS launcher, but it is modified and provides many settings to personalize it to your liking. It is only for phones running Ice Cream Sandwich, a byproduct of basing it on the ICS launcher. It’s my daily driver, and I’m happy to see it updated. The most important update for me is the added 10×10 grid option, which lets me use it on my tablet. I set it to 6×8 (what settings do you use on your tablet, by the way? Post in the comments!) and while it doesn’t look as optimized for tablets as Trebuchet, it is getting there. Another cool feature is CM9 settings integration. In the age of CM7, I always wondered why Launcher Pro and Go Launcher never integrated into the settings, while ADW did. It’s great to see that Apex does now, as I can get rid of the context menu in the app drawer (and make it a Play Store icon).
Full list of updated features:
- Support for Apex Launcher themes
- Support for selecting icons from LauncherPro and Go Launcher icon packs
- New gestures and Apex actions: toggle dock and recent apps
- Added CM9 settings integration
- Up to 10×10 grid on phones
- Support for ADW, LauncherPro, and GO Launcher themes (pro)
- Unread count notifications for icons in folders (pro)
- Improved desktop gestures
- Fixed a wallpaper position issue
- Fixed a icon scaling bug
- Various bug fixes and improvements
- Updated translations
Some of these features are pro only, and the pro version of the launcher costs $4. I will probably end up buying it, as I am an avid user of this launcher. If you want to grab the free version, hit the source link, and I recommend considering the paid version too.