Look out HTC Sensation 4G owners as official word from T-Mobile arrives regarding the Ice Cream Sandwich update. According to T-Mobile’s support forums, the ICS update for the Sensation 4G starts May 16th with a download from HTC. T-Mobile also updated the support document for the HTC Amaze 4G however, no specific date was given for Ice Cream Sandwich, only that the download will arrive in the “coming weeks,” and that no steps are necessary to receive the update. The update list for new features and improvements appears to be the same for both devices.
Beginning May 16, an optional update will be available for the Sensation 4G to update to the latest operating system, Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). You can choose to download the update to Android 4.0.3 by following the software update steps.
Note: HTC Sensation 4G will be required to add Wi-Fi mobile Hotspot feature in order to use the service after completing this update. You can add the feature online at my.t-mobile.com or by calling customer care.
So what’s new with this update?
- Android 4.0.3 / Software version 3.32.531.14710RD
- Approved 5/16/2012
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Sense 3.6
- System bar enhancements to easily view recent apps.
- Re-sizeable widgets
- Lock screen actions including pull down notifications and adjust volume while device is locked.
- Data usage controls.
- Face Unlock
- Home screen folders
- Improved battery life
- Note: HTC Sensation 4G will be required to add Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot feature in order to use the service after completing this update.
- Improved text input and spell checking
- Improved menu structure
T-Mobile (Sensation 4G)
T-Mobile (Amaze 4G)