In light of complaints surrounding Sprint’s newly released Galaxy Nexus and customers complaining of data connection issues, Sprint has responded fast with the release of a new update. Posted to Sprint’s online community forum, software update IMM76D.L700FD02 has the following fixes:
- Device not connecting to data services after activation
- Device not displaying correct network time after activation
- Google Wallet Update
- Software version is FD02
- This update will be pushed to all devices within a 1-2 day period.
- This update will be available under the following conditions:
- Devices experiencing a problem accessing data services, will need to be connected to a WiFi network to receive the update. Once connected to a WiFi network, the software will automatically download in the background and then prompt you to install it.
- Devices not experiencing the problem accessing data services will also receive the update.
- The software will automatically download in the background and then prompt you to install it.
- There is no need to be connected to WiFi to receive the update.
- Starting the week of 5/17, Sprint Retail Stores will have the software available to update devices
- Refer to the Galaxy Nexus Software Update blog for further install instructions.