Finally, Verizon’s Galaxy Nexus is receiving its update to Android 4.0.4, in small groups that is. Head right into your settings menu and check for the update this very minute. There’s plenty of bug fixes and improvements in store, and given that the phone has been out for months without an update, hopefully there is enough here to give your Galaxy Nexus a little extra bounce in its step. A quick recap for what to expect:
Email, Messaging & Data
- Email messages will display properly when the text size is set to large.
- When sending a multimedia message to an Outlook email address, the file extension
- will send, allowing the recipient to successfully open an image.
- Successfully deleted emails on the device will be deleted from the desktop as well.
- Successfully send text messages without experiencing network connectivity issues.
- When viewing a Calendar reminder or appointment, you will now be able to view the full notes associated with the appointment.
- A down arrow has been added in the Calendar application that will expand the calendar message body, allowing you to view the entire message.
- Successfully turn on Wi-Fi using the Power Control widget.
- Updates have been made to prevent the display from freezing or becoming unresponsive.
- Complete calls without experiencing choppy audio, clicking noises and one-way audio noises.
- Successfully access Voicemail and other automated systems without error.