As shopping from phones and tablets becomes more popular, online retailers are left scrambling to make the experience great for mobile users. Amazon works to reach that end today as they pushed a sizable new update to their Amazon Mobile app. Some of the noteworthy features that the update brings are support for 8 new countries including Spain and Italy, a cart shortcut and drop down menu of the most popular pages, a new barcode scanner launch method and other features and improvements.
The update also brings a much better filtering experience for better searching within the app. As always, I’ll include the full changelog below. Do any of you regularly shop Amazon from your phone? What do you think of the new update? Be sure to give us a shout in the comments!
- Brand new ways to sort and filter your search results.
- Faster, easier navigation with a Cart shortcut and drop-down menu of the most popular pages.
- Launch barcode scanning directly from the home screen.
- Add items to any of your existing wish lists.
- Additional country support – shop Amazon across 8 countries, including Spain and Italy.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.