Just as a phone, the Exhilarate looks like a good option. It’s very mid-range, so don’t expect much. Fortunately, it is LTE capable, so you don’t have to give up service for getting a mid end phone. The specs are:
- 4″ Super AMOLED display (i’m going to make the safe assumption that it is Pentile)
- 1.2 GHz dual core Snapdragon processor
- 5MP rear camera with 720p video
- 1.3MP front facing camera
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread with Samsung TouchWiz 4
- LTE/HSPA+ radio
- Eco friendly
The appeal of this phone is that it’s eco friendly. The rear is made from 80% recycled material and has an energy efficient charger that “alerts the user when the phone is charged.” I’ll assume it beeps when charged. Sounds…. appealing? For someone who charges their phone every night, I don’t want to be woken up every night by a charger beeping along with my phone (this is why most custom ROMs disable all full battery notifications. Take the hint, manufacturers).
It’ll be released on June 10th and will be $50 with a new contract. Not a bad price at all. Who’s planning to get one? Tell us in the comments!