Not too long ago, we embarked on the search for some new writers on the site. We found some very great additions to the team, but we’re missing one thing: an afternoon news editor. This applies to people who can be available weekdays from around 12-4PM Eastern Time. Just like the last time we posted an article like this, here’s what we’re looking for:
- People who love to write. This job is all writing, all the time so you have to really love writing and coming up with new and refreshing ways to say the same thing over and over.
- Previous writing experience is preferred, but not required. If you prove to be a good candidate, but don’t have too much experience with writing, we’ll try our best to help you along the way.
- Grammar and spelling. Y u want me to be good at this? You know why.
- Experience with WordPress is a big plus, but we have tutorials to help introduce it to you.
- Need to be able to find news in a timely manner.
- We’re looking for writers to write on a daily shift, if you can’t write for us on a set, daily schedule, this may not be the right position. We understand the occasional conflict, but we’re looking for reliable individuals.
- International writers are more than welcome, so long as you can make US times.
- As of now, this is not a paid position. If you prove to be a good, consistent addition to the team, it could very well turn into one.
- Must be 16 or older.
To apply, start with a couple sentences describing yourself, along with the phone you’re currently using. Nothing elaborate, just a little something so we can get to know you better. Include two sample articles, or a link to some of your previous work. Check out some of the articles on the site if you need a little guidance to our style, and feel free to send any questions as well. We want you to voice yourself, show some personality in the writing. If we feel you’re a good candidate for the site, we’ll bring you on. Good luck, and we look forward to expanding the site with your help.
If you applied the first time, and want to give it another go, by all means shoot us another email. Please use new material though, as news needs to be, well, new.
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we look forward to reading them. Thanks!