As more and more people jump on the Twitter bandwagon, the company has stepped up its game for their mobile app, Twitter for Android. Today they’ve pushed out a new update that makes the app version 3.3 and includes some notable new features such as:
- Expanded Tweets: when you view Tweet details containing links to partner sites, you can now see content previews, view images, play videos and more. [this feature is rolling out gradually]
- Push notifications for Tweets: choose to receive notifications from people you follow anytime they tweet or retweet
- Improvements to search autocomplete for users
- Tappable avatars that take you directly to user profiles
- Many other tweaks, polish, and bug and crasher fixes
The update is out in Google Play right now so head over there and grab it. When you do, remember to follow us @DroidDog!