The 2012 Olympic games are just around the corner and the festival organizers have released a much-appreciated Android application to help sports fans follow all the action. The app contains numerous features to help keep track of your favorite events and olympians, complete with results, schedules and medal counts. Design-wise, the application offers several enticing elements, including tablet support. You can download the application for free on Google Play starting today.
Here’s a quick run-down of the most notable features.
- Results: Covering all events for the 36 sports for the Olympics and 21 sports for the Paralympics.
- Live Schedule: Follow the latest sporting Olympic events that are currently in progress. View results in real-time and share with your friends. View live updates: news, photos and social commentary from the Games.
- Calendar Schedule: View day-by-day which sporting events are taking place in the Olympic schedule. Set favourites or reminders to create a personalised selection tailored for you.
- Sports: View details of each of the sports; all the latest results, latest news, latest pictures and background information including football, swimming and track.
- Medals: View the overall Olympic medal count as they are awarded throughout the Games – by country, by individual and by sport. Learn more about the medals.
- Athletes: View all the participating athletes and review their details and current Olympic standings for London 2012. Use the sophisticated search tool to personalise your experience and follow the performance of your favourite athletes.
- My Games: Follow any participating country and receive news and updates tailored to your needs. Manage your favourites, reminders and settings. Stay informed: set up notifications and alerts to keep you posted throughout the Games.