Love Dead Trigger? I do. It’s a fantastic game with graphics that look like they’re straight from a console. But you don’t have a Tegra 3 device, do you? You’re left envying Tegra 3 owners, not because they have better devices (the Tegra 3 isn’t the best), but because they get such amazing game support. Why do they get better graphics in Dead Trigger when their GPU isn’t superior to many of ours? Well the answer is one XML file.
The graphics enhancements were never because the Tegra 3 was so powerful. In fact, the Exynos quad core (with the Mali-400 GPU) absolutely destroys the Tegra 3 in graphics capabilities. NVIDIA just has amazing support for games and great deals with companies to provide exclusive graphics features. That’s not a bad thing, I give props to NVIDIA. They market their chips well and give people a big reason to buy them.
Fortunately, this means we can enable these advanced effects on any phone! You’d have to have a phone with a powerful enough GPU to run it, but you can always try! Unfortunately, I’m going to have to dish one of these out:
Disclaimer: DroidDog nor anyone else are responsible for any damage you may do to your device. Proceed at your own risk.
Really, just if you do it, read a lot and follow exact directions. Make backups. Have fun with it, but be careful.
Here are the instructions.
- First of all, enable graphics details to high in setup/others.
- Exit game.
- Use root explorer like ES File Explorer.
- Go to /data/data/com.madfingergames.deadtrigger/shared_prefs/ folder.
- Edit com.madfingergames.deadtrigger.xml file.
- Change < int name=”UnityGraphicsQuality” value=”1″ /> to < int name=”UnityGraphicsQuality” value=”2″ / >.
- Change < int name=”OptionsGraphicDetail” value=”2″ /> to < int name=”OptionsGraphicDetail” value=”3″ / >.
- Save it.
- Modify permissions to remove all write permission on User, Group and Other.
- Delete com.madfingergames.deadtrigger.xml.bak.
Pretty, simple, right? That’s all it takes to play Dead Trigger like it plays on Tegra 3 devices. Go try it for yourself! I know I will, as I am a huge fan of this game.
EDIT: I did it on my Exynos Galaxy S II. It doesn’t work when edited with Solid Explorer, but works with ES. So use ES! Otherwise, it performs great and looks amazing!