Dolphin Browser is getting the makeover we have been waiting for, but this makeover is all internal. This new beta will be running on their new Dolphin Engine. They’ve been hyping this new engine for a while, and if what they say is true, this will be one impressive ride. A few claims they made:
- 5-10X faster than the default Android browser
- 100% faster than Chrome (at times)
- Scored over a 450 when tested on HTML5test.com. (HTML5test.com is an a respected tool for testing a browser’s support of HTML5)
- Try it out our latest version of Dolphin Engine, the behind-the scenes technology that makes this Dolphin Browser the highest performing HTML5 browser.
It also claims an impressive feature set, including Flash support (something Chrome doesn’t have). Here is a full list:
- Android 4.1 support
- Faster page loading and response speed
- Stability improvements for Android 2.3+
- Improved Flash support
- Improved HTML5 canvas support
- Various stability and performance improvement
I will be testing this out (in a very unscientific why of course, I’m no scientist!), and I shall report back. But for now, you should give it a try. Tell us in the comments how it goes!