Today, Google Goggles is receiving an update that brings some new features and enhancements. Most notably, users no longer have to enable search history in order to use the search-from-camera function. Google also notes that object tracking in continuous mode is now “faster and more robust.”
Google has also explained a number of ways it’s improved scanning QR codes with a URL encoded. When scanning a QR code that has a URL encoded:
- The thumbnail of a page is shown
- URL is checked against a malicious URL blacklist
- More complete barcode coverage
- Support for non-autofocus cameras
- When Goggles fails to find an exact match – search for products that look similar.
The updated version of Google Goggles is available now and can be found at the source link below. As it has been previously, Google Goggles can only be used by devices running Android 2.2.