After getting pulled from the Android market last April under copyright concerns, Grooveshark has returned better than ever. The company behind the app released a statement saying, “After working closely with Google to get rogue apps removed, we’re delighted that the official Grooveshark app has been reinstated in the Android market. Grooveshark is dedicated to helping music fans search, discover and share music while pioneering new artist promotion, distribution and monetization techniques. We look forward to continuing to build a relationship with Android and leverage this fantastic platform for our partners.”
The app will allow you to sample their product with a 14-day or 50-play trial for free. In addition, Grooveshark offers
Always free features, no paid subscription needed:
- Unlimited streaming of over 20 genre Radio Stations, with hand-tagged selections from the millions of songs in our library.
- Launch a custom Radio Station based on any song you choose, and tailor it further to your taste by skipping and liking songs.
Features for Grooveshark Anywhere subscribers ($9/mo.) or those using the free trial:
- Free, unlimited on-demand music streaming.
- Take your music collection with you everywhere: Favorites, Playlists, Radio Stations, and the community of music fans on Grooveshark!
- Offline your most frequently played songs for uninterrupted listening even when there’s no stable connection.
- Choose from one of our genre Radio Stations or launch a personalized station based on any song in your queue, with no song skip or listening limits. Save particularly good sessions as Playlists for continued listening later.
- Create, save, and share unlimited Playlists with friends.
- Connect your social media profiles to easily share your music with friends.
- Explore Popular songs and see what the Grooveshark community is listening to.
Head over to the Google Play Store and download it for your Android device.