One of the older standard root applications is Root Explorer and today we finally saw a good update for the app. This update brought a new Holo design theme with it and fixed crashes on Android 4.1 and the Verizon model of the Samsung Galaxy S III. It also allows you to create shortcuts for files and folders along with some other things. Here’s the full rundown:
- Added Create Shortcut option for files and folders.
- Make Root Explorer available to process downloaded or received archive, text and database files.
- Allow device files to be listed.
- Use Holographic theme on dialogs for ICS/Jelly Bean.
- Fixed Verizon Galaxy S3 startup freeze issue.
- Stop suggestions appearing when entering file/folder names.
- Added Whats New dialog.
- Improved Italian translation.
- Improved Korean translation.
- Fixed properties layout issue for Korean language.
- Various other bug fixes
Looks like a nice update for the crowd who still use Root Explorer. Do you still use Root Explorer or have you moved onto a different root file manager?