While some of us question Motorola’s desire to make two separate handsets, one with an unlocked bootloader and one without, we’re at least happy to see the acknowledgement that there are those Motorola fans who “must have” unlocked bootloaders. With that in mind, Google and Motorola alike were both vocally supportive of the device and we’re happy to see they wasted no time in getting them available for the public to purchase with the “regular” edition which launched Thursday on Verizon.
The Motorola DROID RAZR M packs the same specs as its locked bootloader sibling, save for the status of bootloader itself:
- 4.3″ qHD Super AMOLED Advanced display
- 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal store expandable with microSD
- 8 megapixel rear camera, 1080p video recording
- Android 4.0.4 (Jelly Bean is coming)
- 2000 mAh battery
The DROID RAZR M developer edition will set you back $549.99 no contract so make sure the customization opportunities granted by an unlocked bootloader are worth the cost!