Update: Time’s up everyone, we’ll post the winners soon!
Do you worry about low battery life? Have you ever found yourself with a dead phone right when you need it most? I know I have and thanks to my recent of review of the myCharge Peak 6000, the folks at myCharge want to make sure you don’t worry about battery life again. With our data consumption on smartphones increasing faster than battery life, there have been far too many days in my life that I’ve found myself reaching for a charger long before the day is over. We hope that technology catches up to data hungry needs in the future, but for now companies like myCharge are doing their part to keep you constantly charged.
So here’s the deal, this contest is short, sweet and easy: Tell us the worst thing that’s ever happened to you because of a dead cell phone battery.
I’ve racked my brain trying to think of my worst case scenario and honestly, I’ve got nothing. I’m sure there are plenty of times I’ve had some notable moment with a dead smartphone, but I can’t think of anything. I’m sure it’ll come to me later, after I’ve already posted this.
On a separate note, thanks to my total rockstar status I’ll be running the very same contest on TmoNews.com and TodaysiPhone.com giving you six total chances to win.
Be sure to check out the folks at myCharge who’ve been kind enough to support this contest.
- One first place winner will receive a myCharge Summit 3000 rechargeable battery pack.
- One runner-up will receive a myCharge Voyage 1000 or myCharge Sojourn 1000 depending on smartphone preference.
How To Enter:
- Leave a comment that states the worst thing that has ever happened to you because of a dead cell phone battery. All replies must be original and will be checked against various internet sites to make sure originality.
- All comments must be left by 5pm EST on Thursday, October 12th.
- The contest will run for a full 24 hour period with winners being selected by the sole discretion of TmoNews staff.
- The winning contestant will be notified via email, so please leave your email addresses in the comment of via your Disqus login.
- Open to legal residents of the United States, age 18 and older. Do not take part in the contest if you are not physically in the United States at time of entry. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
- myCharge Summit 3000: $79.99
- myCharge Voyage 1000/Sojourn 1000: $39.99
Rules & Regulations:
- Only one entry per person
- TmoNews reserves the right to disqualify any entrants for any reason, including but not limited to: submitting multiple entries, creating multiple accounts to enter, adjusting initial comment, any act to circumvent the standard rules or process for the purpose of winning.
- If the winner does not acknowledge the winning announcement email within 48 hours, another winner will be selected as a replacement.
- Actual shipment will arrive via FedEx or UPS with by a date to be determined.
- In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Promotion, TmoNews reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify entrants and/or modify, cancel or suspend the Promotion.
- The Promotion Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility and entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless TmoNews from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with participation in this Promotion (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the prizes awarded.