Google announced, on its Official Google Blog, that it has now reached 20 million students – who utilize its Google Apps for Education products. To commemorate and in celebration of World Teachers’ Day on Friday, Google shared some stats highlighting the product’s success.
Highlights of Google Apps for Education over the last year:
- 400+ universities are posting lectures and/or full courses online using YouTube Edu
- 600,000 staff from the Philippines Department of Education will now be using Google Apps
- Universities across the continents are signing up for Apps, including schools inPoland, Spain,the Netherlands and Africa
- More than 500 schools and districts went back to school with Chromebooks this fall
- Seven of the eight Ivy League universities and 72 of this year’s top 100 U.S. universities (as determined by 2013 U.S. News and World Report’s ranking)have gone Google with Google Apps for Education
In addition, Google wants to also highlight some amazing teachers on its Google in Education Google+ page. The first video, features Ms. Kornowski, “a science teacher at Kettle-Moraine High School in Wales, WI, who is using Google Forms to bring her students together.”
Have you ever used Google’s Apps for Education? Are you a teacher interested in checking it out? Check out Google’s G+ and blog links below to find out more.