LG Spectrum and LG Lucid owners take note as Verizon is rolling out some Ice Cream Sandwich goodness in the coming days. Both updates weigh in 384MB and bring the devices to Android 4.0.4. Thankfully, LG’s terrible Gingerbread UI is replaced with their somewhat better and more minimal Ice Cream Sandwich UI, the same style that’s now found on the LG Optimus G.
Verizon didn’t offer an exact date for the upgrade, but you can keep checking for that magical OTA by hitting Settings > About phone > Software update > Check for updates.
Along with the traditional Ice Cream Sandwich enhancements, you’ll find a bit extra according to Verizon’s support:
Enhanced Customer Support with Verizon Remote Diagnostics.
- New customer care solution to improve customer service experience. When a customer calls into Verizon Wireless customer care, this solution, with the customer’s permission, allows support personnel to remotely view the user’s device for device training, application demonstrations and troubleshooting.
- Added Viewdini App.
- Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) is now supported.
- Watch & Learn videos are supported via streaming.
- Improved voice clarity during voice calls.
- Power button turns on LCD backlight while on a voice call.
The following apps have been upgraded for improved performance:
- Play Store