At this point I don’t think anyone disputes that Amazon is selling a lot of their Kindle product line, but every time they issue a press release that says “biggest day ever” or “sales doubled” we’re getting annoyed. Amazon’s press release issued early this morning says that Cyber Monday was the company’s “biggest day ever” for Kindle sales worldwide, likely helped by the Kindle Fire 7″ tablet deal for $129. Not to mention that out of Amazon’s top 10 best-selling products, 9 are Kindle or Kindle related accessories.
Amazon, we know you’re doing well with the Kindle line and we love what you’re doing with it, but we’re frustrated at the lack of concrete numbers. You won us over when you actually announced price and shipment dates back when you announced the new line of Kindle Fire products a few months back, something only Amazon and Apple do a great job with.
You can hit the full press release at the Amazon link below, but in the meantime we urge Amazon to actually release concrete numbers. Amazon, you’re the biggest online retailer in the world, we expect you to sell a lot of everything, there’s no reason to hide behind a press release anymore.
Amazon’s milestone for Kindle sales include:
- Cyber Monday 2012 was the biggest day ever for Kindle sales worldwide.
- The top 4 spots on the worldwide Amazon best sellers list since launch nearly three months ago are Kindle e-readers and Kindle Fires.
- To celebrate Cyber Monday, Amazon.com offered a special deal—just $129 for the Kindle Fire. Customers flocked to the deal, making this the biggest Cyber Monday deal ever for Amazon.com.
- Kindle Fire HD is the most gifted and most wished for product on Amazon worldwide since launch.
- 9 out of the top 10 best-selling products on Amazon worldwide since 9/6 are Kindles, Kindle accessories and digital content.
“Kindle e-readers and Kindle Fires have held the top 4 spots on the Amazon worldwide best sellers list since launch, and that was before the busiest shopping weekend of the year,” said Dave Limp, Vice President, Amazon Kindle. “We’re excited that customers made this Black Friday and Cyber Monday the best ever for Kindle worldwide—Cyber Monday was the biggest day ever for Kindle sales, and we’re looking forward to millions of customers opening a new Kindle this holiday season.”
The Kindle family is available for purchase on Amazon.com as well as at retailers like Best Buy, Radio Shack and Staples in time for the holidays:
- The $69 Kindle—small, light and fast, Kindle is the perfect entry-level Kindle for any reader.
- Kindle Paperwhite—the world’s most advanced e-reader—only $119.
- Kindle Paperwhite 3G—with the unparalleled added convenience of free 3G, no hunting for or paying for Wi-Fi hot spots, no monthly fees, and no annual contracts—only $179.
- Kindle Fire—all-new upgraded version of the best-selling standard definition Kindle Fire with a faster processor, twice the memory and longer battery life – all for an even lower breakthrough price—only $159.
- Kindle Fire HD—the world’s most-advanced 7” tablet, with a stunning custom HD display, the fastest Wi-Fi, exclusive Dolby audio, powerful processor and graphics engine, and 16 GB of storage—only $199.
- Kindle Fire HD 8.9”—comes with all the same advanced technology on a stunning 8.9” large-screen 1920×1200 HD display with 254 ppi and a powerful OMAP 4470 processor and graphics engine—only $299.
- Kindle Fire HD 8.9” 4G—the same high-end large-screen HD tablet, 32 GB of storage, plus ultra-fast 4G LTE wireless powered by the latest generation 4G chipset, and groundbreaking $49.99 one year 4G LTE AT&T data package—only $499.