Google Drive is a nice app, but it is missing quite a few features. For example, I still can’t easily download photos from the Drive app to my phone. But a few new features were added to the app today, making it a lot more useful than before.
A big new feature is the ability to edit spreadsheets. This feature was sorely needed for those who used Drive as a document editor, a la Microsoft Office. This addition just makes Google’s suite of apps more useful for students and businessfolks.
There are also a few new less important features and improvements. Here’s a list:
1. Edit Google spreadsheets in new native editor
2. Edit contents of tables in Google Docs editor
3. Formatting is maintained when copy/pasting within Google Docs
4. Single tap to enter edit mode in Google Docs editor
5. Add a shortcut to Drive files/folders to your homescreen for quick access
6. Send Link now supports copying link to clipboard
To grab the update, open the Play Store or hit the source link. And if you don’t use Google Drive, you might want to give it a shot. It’s a good service.