AT&T is rolling out the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update to Motorola ATRIX HD customers as we speak. The Android 4.1 update includes new features like Google Now, Drive Smart, updated notifications, quick settings, updated gallery, improved camera, and more.
- The Google Now feature brings real-time notifications like weather, traffic, places of interest, flight info, and sports scores instantly and directly to your ATRIX HD.
- The Drive Smart feature is an AT&T staple which educates the public about the dangers of texting and driving. It utilizes the Enhanced Voice Search phone feature to create a safer driving experience. The SMARTACTIONS Drive Rule feature will auto-reply to calls and texts and enable hands-free communication.
- Notifications have been updated to group together updates from the same app. You can also view entire SMS messages and MMS photos directly from the notification window. Event notifications will display more of the event description so you can view the details of the event without having to open the app.
- Quick Settings will let you access your most used settings by simply swiping on your home screen.
- The photo gallery now includes “filmstrip mode” which lets you quickly view photos and delete photos by swiping your fingers up or down.
- Improved camera focus now gives a signal indicating the focus quality.
- Users are now able to respond via text to missed calls with just one touch.
If you own a Motorola ATRIX HD, you can get your Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update by going to Settings>About Phone>Software Updates. It’s a huge file and you’ll need WiFi to download it.