Samsung Korea has released details regarding the Samsung Galaxy S II Jelly Bean update. There still isn’t a date on when the update will be available however.
You should set aside 1 hour for the entire update to be finished. Your internal memory will be reduced from 12GB to 11GB, with the 1GB difference being allocated to the system partition, as well as the re-partition of the memory system.
So what can you expect to see from this Jelly Bean update? Here’s a list:
1. Platform upgrade Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich → Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Improved Home screens and improved scrolling performance
- Improved usability for some applications
2. Preloaded applications
- Add Help
- Add Google+
- Add +Talk
- Add Play Book
- Add Play Movie
3. Newly added/improved functions
- Add Easy mode, Block mode
- Improved Camera functions: function like Pause while recording and more
- Add Smart Stay
- New functions like Pop-up play and more
- Improved some functions & applications usability
The update will only be available through Samsung KIES. Korea will be the first ones to get their hands on the update, but after they receive it, it shouldn’t take long before we get the update as well.