So for those of you wondering where in the world the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for your Samsung Galaxy S II device is, Samsung has an answer for you; Singapore. At least the update will start off in Singapore and then branch out to all the other countries later.
The update will also be a universal update, meaning it should be available for all variants of the device within the next month or so. So for all of you with AT&T, Sprint, or T-Mobile variants of the Samsung Galaxy S II, no worries, you’re going to be covered.
Here’s what you can expect from the Samsung Galaxy S II Jelly Bean update:
1. Platform upgrade Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich → Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Improved Home screens and improved scrolling performance
- Improved usability for some applications
2. Preloaded applications
- Add Help
- Add Google+
- Add +Talk
- Add Play Book
- Add Play Movie
3. Newly added/improved functions
- Add Easy mode, Block mode
- Improved Camera functions: function like Pause while recording and more
- Add Smart Stay
- New functions like Pop-up play and more
- Improved some functions & applications usability
Singapore will receive the update starting in February, meaning we’re very close to receiving the official Samsung Galaxy S II updates over here in the states.
Are you a proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy S II? Will you be downloading the official Samsung Galaxy S II Jelly Bean update? Or have you already found peace with a custom rom?