T-Mobile is looking to add the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini in its line-up of Android smartphones. It’s going to dub its Samsung Galaxy S III Mini variant as the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit, which follows the same naming system as T-Mobile’s line-up of budget-friendly Samsung smartphones.
The device will be available in Pebble Grey, but hopefully there will be another color option available.
The Samsung Galaxy Exhibit (Model ID: SGH-T599) should feature the same specs as the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini:
- 4″ WVGA 800×480 Super AMOLED display (probably PenTile)
- 1 GHz dual core processor
- 1 GB of RAM
- 8 or 16 GB of memory with microSD card slot
- 5MP autofocus camera with flash, VGA front facing camera
- 1,500 mAh battery
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- HSPA 14.4/5.76 900/1900/2100
- EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
However some of these specs may be altered to make this phone more adorable. Hopefully it still launches with Jelly Bean, or at least Ice Cream Sandwich. It would be terrible if this phone reverted back to Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
The Samsung Galaxy Exhibit should be released by the end of this quarter with an affordable price tag.