I’ve had the Facebook Phone, known as the HTC First, for about day. So far, I”m really liking it a lot more than expected. Before having the device, I played with Facebook Home briefly and thought it just felt awkward as a launcher for an Android device. However, give it the right hardware, namely an HTC device with a beautiful display, I think Facebook Home deserves a little more credit. I don’t think Facebook Home is ever going to be something that I will embrace as my launcher of choice, but I’m trying to have an open mind and think about HTC’s and Facebook’s target audience for this device and how well it might suit them.
So, below I’m going to list some of my favorite things about the HTC First so far:
- As per HTC usual, the build quality seems really great with the HTC First. It’s no aluminum unibody like the One, but HTC’s unibody design in general gives phones a great solid look and feel.
- The 4.3″ 720p display looks great. The phone is a great size.
- I was provided a white HTC First, and I really like the look. It comes in four colors: black, white, pale blue, and red. The black glass front on the white gives the device I have a cool storm trooper look and I think it’s rad. I don’t know how I would feel about the other colors. Also, some people I’ve shown the device to haven’t been impressed with the look. They think it looks like a black phone with a white cover on it and aren’t impressed.
- This phone has NO bloatware which is awesome.
- As far as I can tell, free wifi tether due to it running a completely stock Android rom behind the Facebook Home launcher.
- The speaker volume for videos or phone calls on speakerphone is conveniently loud.
- The 5 MP camera has performed well so far under great outdoor lighting conditions.
- The device feels snappy and fluid.
Also, below that is my unboxing video if you’re interested. Please let me/us know if you have any questions by commenting below or on the YouTube video. I’ll be performing a full review on the device and want to know if YOU are interested in me looking at anything in particular on the device. You can also follow me here on Facebook as I’ll be posting thoughts and comments I have on the device as I use it.
So what do you think of the HTC First? What do you want to know about it?