Can you believe that Pocket has been around for a whole year? Well they’re celebrating their one year anniversary with an update to all their apps, including the Android version. Yes, for their anniversary, we get a present. The update for Android is quite big, and includes a few cool new features you socialites will like.
The biggest new feature is called Send to Friend, which will send an article of choice to a friend, along with notes and highlights. To accompany this, they also added push notifications to warn you when you receive something. That should be useful to a lot of people. They also made a new share menu with recents, so it’s easier to share to your favorite people and apps. Here is a full list of changes:
Celebrating our first year as Pocket with some exciting new features!
- Send to Friend makes it even easier to share content with friends
- Receive shared items directly in Pocket
- Completely new share menu that highlights your recent apps and friends
- Instant Sync now works with multiple devices
- Auto fullscreen in Article and Web View
- Bug fixes and improvements
The Read Contacts permission was added to this update to assist with sharing. More info: http://getpocket.com/permissions
Hit the source link to download the app (it’s free) or update it. Tell us what you think of the update in the comments!