The QWERTY phone is a dying breed, and Motorola held onto it longer than most. Their most recent QWERTY on Sprint was the Photon Q, and for owners of the device, we have great news. Sprint and Motorola are now rolling out the Jelly Bean 4.1 update for you, so get downloading!
The update is version 9.8.2Q-122_XT897_FFW-5, and will roll out in stages. So if you don’t get yours today, give it a week or two. Check for updates in the meaintime in Settings, but don’t fret if it’s not available today. Here is a full changelog for this beefy update:
- Google OS upgrade to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Google Now
- Voice search enhancements
- Camera includes improved image quality and more intuitive panorama mode
- Ability to zoom out to filmstrip mode in the Gallery
- Keyboard includes improved dictionary and text to speech capabilities
- Notification enhancements
- Resolved Quick Office closing when reviewing a document
- Improved GSM roaming connectivity for global use
- Improved streaming of Sprint TV when location services are turned off
- Enhanced security and ease of use on the face unlock feature
- Removed Quick Views, Speed Dial, and MOTOPRINT applications
- Improved accuracy and response of voice to text for texting, emailing, and web search
Tell us if you get the update and if you find anything cool they didn’t mention!