There’s little question that HTC will want to follow-up on the heavy demand for the HTC One with something special, especially given the company’s recent bad press. Now, two new reports indicate just what this magical device…the “T6.” A bit of leaked info from venerable tipster @evleaks points to codename and several different variants as discovered in some Linux code:
- T6_UL: cassiopeia Communication system: GSM / WCDMA / LTE
- T6_U: columba Communication system: GSM / WCDMA
- T6_ULA: delphinus Communication system: GSM / WCDMA / LTE
- T6_WL: crater Communication method: GSM/WCDMA/CDMA2000/LTE
- T6_WHL: eridanus Communication method: GSM/WCDMA/CDMA2000/LTE
A separate but related report from Pocket-Lint shows the new device will surface somewhere in the 5-6” display range against the One’s current 4.7” display. With rumors that HTC is already working on a mini version of the One codenamed M4, perhaps it makes sense in some mystical land that they go bigger as well.
HTC recently announced the sale of more than 5 million One smartphones and its popularity with customers and critics have it sitting righting alongside the Galaxy S 4 for mind share. Ultimately it’s up to HTC to beat Samsung in the marketing space which dare I say is a next to impossible feat these days.
Still, HTC needs a big win and perhaps a trio of One devices is exactly what the market ordered.