According to new a report out of SamMobile, Samsung is making plans to give the Galaxy S III many of the features included in the new Galaxy S 4. Thanks to newly leaked I9300XXUFME3 4.2.2 firmware, this new update gives us some insight as to the features that will be included if and when Samsung ultimately decides to seed this to the world.
All indicators show the software is still under testing by Samsung with expected release sometime in June. No word on the wheres and the whens for regional updates.
Take a look at the video below to see this update in action:
New enhancements in Android 4.2.2 update
- Android 4.2.2 – Build ID: JDQ39
- New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
- Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from S4)
- New smart switch widget
Those of you willing to try this test release can follow the link below for full installation instructions.
**We always suggest making a backup copy of your data prior to flashing any new software release.**